Wednesday, July 28, 2010

back at work

You can really tell the holiday is coming up at work (for 2 weeks). A lot of people have already left and the ones that are still there are getting into vacation mode. I am sitting with the export department this week because there are some open desks there. Since everyone is so easily distracted I got some dutch lessons today on some basic words and words to joke around with people. I also got some good recommendations for dutch foods to try at the grocery store such as their version of peanut butter (more like our natural peanut butter), something equivalent to chocolate sprinkles that they eat for breakfast on buttered bread, these "syrup waffles" which are more like thin wafer sandwich cookies, and loempias which are really really big spring rolls (like sandwich size). Also we got so into talking about the US my 2 colleagues did a times test to see how many states they could think of (they got around 40 in 10 min). So you can probably tell I got a lot of work done today, but it went by fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment