Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Brussels

So today I went to Brussels for some field research (as Belgium is the chocolate capital of the world). It was such a pretty city. Everything was so old but extravagant and the new modern buildings and art work somehow fit in just right. I saw a TON of chocolate shops and all the EU government buildings (its the EU capital) as well as the government and royal families buildings and such. I sadly did not get to try any belgian waffles as we didn't get a chance to stop in those types of stores but I did get to try their hot chocolate which is MUCH better than ours (really rich and actually tastes like nice chocolate). I also got to see the main attractions such as the mannequin pis, the Automium, and the palace where the king lives. Pictures to come

No comments:

Post a Comment