Friday, July 16, 2010

the weekend has begun

Today I got to experience driving a car here! My boss's boss was going to give me a ride home but then asked if I could follow him in another car because he needed them both in Eindhoven. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be although, they do drive crazy here and me and the hatchback made it just fine. After that driving experience was over I went to get my bike. After a quick once over on how to use the lights and the wheel lock, I was guided in the direction towards my apartment. After a wobbly start (you have to sit so upright on this one!) I was on my way. Later, I went and got a real bike lock to insure that my bike doesn't become one of the many many that so often get stolen here.

After that I went shopping for a while (the stores stay open until 9 on fridays unlike every other day where they close at 5 or 6) and then stopped by the grocery store on my way home. As I walked up to the grocery store (the only one I have seen in the area), I realized it wasn't there anymore. The inside was completely gutted out and there was no sign that last week it was a full-functioning store. So confused and empty handed, I went home. I guess I need to figure out where another one is in the next couple of days. I let you know how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment